Exchange Students

Studying at l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers as an exchange student

Are you a foreign student willing to study at l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers for one or two semesters within the framework of the ERASMUS+ programme, BRAFAGRI (for Brazilian students), ARFAGRI (for Argentinian students) or a bilateral agreement?

  • Semester dates
    1st semester (autumn semester): early September to early February
    2nd semester (spring semester): beginning of February to end of June
  • Deadline for nominations and applications
    1st semester (autumn semester): 30 April
    2nd semester (spring semester): 31 October

Application and enrolment

Step 1. Check with your university that l'Institut Agro is an exchange partner institution
Step 2. Your home university approves your application and sends your nomination to l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers by e-mail to:
Step 3 - You can search for courses on our course catalogue to build your learning agreement and submit it to the exchange coordinator at your home institution for approval and signature.
Step 4. Prepare your Language certificates
  • Courses taught in French
    Students must provide, together with their application, a French language proficiency certificate (TCF, TEF, DELF or other). The minimum level required is B1 for exchange students.
  • Courses taught in English
    The minimum level required is B2 in English for exchange students.
Step 5 - Apply online through our application form
Step 6 - L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers will review your application and issue a letter of acceptance.

As an international exchange student, you must pay tuition fees at your home university and you are not subject to the Student Life and Campus Contribution (CVEC).

Erasmus+ Disability Supplement

Erasmus+ Logo

Extra Erasmus+ funding is available for students with disabilities or academic support needs. 

Additional needs covered by the grant

The costs eligible for additional funding can be diverse: specific accommodation, assistance of a companion during the trip, medical follow-up, material support, home help or life support.

How to apply?

You should contact the International Relations department or the Erasmus+ coordinator of your establishment to help you complete the request for additional funds form which he will provide you.

Campus France "Studying in France" procedure

Campus France Logo

You have been admitted as an exchange student within the framework of a partnership agreement between your institution and l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers and reside in one of the countries concerned by the "Studying in France" procedure, you must open your personal space on the "Studies in France" platform and follow the online procedure in the "I am accepted" menu.

Prepare for your arrival

As soon as you receive your acceptance letter, you must start the administrative procedures to register at the Institut Agro Rennes-Angers and prepare your arrival: identity papers, health cover, insurance, bank, accommodation.

A copy of your identity papers, proof of health cover and insurance must be attached to your application form.

L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers offers French as a Foreign Language (FLE) courses to international students so that they can gradually become more comfortable in speaking and writing. These courses are paid for by the school for the 1st semester and will allow you to obtain ECTS credits.

The International Office will provide you with the information you need to apply.

On arrival

When you arrive on campus, you will receive your student card, your school certificate and your access badge to the buildings.

You will also be invited to a welcome session for international students organised by the International Office.

You will be assigned a buddy who will help you on arrival and facilitate your integration on our campuses.

As soon as you have completed your registration, you will receive an e-mail on your personal e-mail address allowing you to activate your computer account and to access all the digital services of the school.

As soon as you arrive in France, you must:

  • validate your VLS-TS visa (for students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area),
  • register for health insurance, (for students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area).


  • open a bank account,
  • take out a telephone subscription,
  • apply for housing assistance.

During your stay

You will have access to all the library resources and digital services offered by l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.

L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers has an agreement with the student health services of the University of Rennes 2 and the University of Angers, which provide a free and personalised service for students who wish to consult for any medical, gynaecological, psychological, psychiatric, dietary or social question or problem.

Emergency numbers to know:

  • 112: European emergency number,
  • 36 24: emergency number for a doctor to come to you if you are too ill to move.
    This service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

You can practice a sport within one of the sports associations of l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.
You can also contact the University Physical and Sports Activities Service (SUAPS) of the University of Angers or Rennes. The SUAPS allows students to do sport for a modest annual fee. There are many disciplines on offer and practice is open to all, whatever your level.

Rennes and Angers are two traditional university towns in the heart of the Grand Ouest region, ranked among the most pleasant student towns in France.

Cities of art and history renowned for their cultural dynamism and economic vitality, they combine tradition and modernity for a recognised and sought-after quality of life.

Find out more about life in Angers and Rennes

Prepare for your return

Before returning to your country of origin, you will have to take several administrative steps:

  • Ask the International Relations Office for a certificate of attendance to be submitted to your home university,
  • Cancel your accommodation: send a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to your landlord to indicate your intention to leave your accommodation (one month's notice for furnished accommodation or three months' notice for unfurnished accommodation),
  • Cancelling your telephone and Internet subscription: contact your operator to find out the deadlines and procedures for cancelling,
  • Closing your bank account: contact your bank branch to find out how to close it,
  • Cancel your home and civil liability insurance policies.