Studying at l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers as an exchange student
Are you a foreign student willing to study at l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers for one semester within the framework of the ERASMUS+ programme, BRAFAGRI (for Brazilian students), ARFAGRI (for Argentine students) or a bilateral agreement?
- Semester dates
1st semester (autumn semester): early September to early February
2nd semester (spring semester): beginning of February to end of June
Deadline for nominations and applications
1st semester (autumn semester): 30 April
2nd semester (spring semester): 31 October
Application and enrolment
Step 1. Check that your university is a partner
Step 2. My home university validates my registration and informs l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers of my appointment by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3. Download the application form for the relevant programme
Check the application form below regarding your level of education:
- Application Form Erasmus+ Europe and User Manual Online Learning Agreement (OLA)
- Students mobility kit Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (including learning agreement, general conditions, Erasmus+ student charter)
Guidelines on how to use the Erasmus+ learning agreement for studies
- Bilateral convention
Step 4. Prepare your Language certificates
- Courses taught in French
Students must provide, together with their application, a French language proficiency certificate (TCF, TEF, DELF or other). The minimum level required is B1 for exchange students.
- Courses taught in English
The minimum level required is B2 in English for exchange students.
I send my application to l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.
L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers validates my application and sends me a letter of acceptance.
As an international exchange student, you must pay tuition fees at your home university and you are not subject to the Student Life and Campus Contribution (CVEC).
Erasmus+ Disability Supplement
Extra Erasmus+ funding is available for students with disabilities or academic support needs.
Additional needs covered by the grant
The costs eligible for additional funding can be diverse: specific accommodation, assistance of a companion during the trip, medical follow-up, material support, home help or life support.
How to apply?
You should contact the International Relations department or the Erasmus+ coordinator of your establishment to help you complete the request for additional funds form which he will provide you.
Campus France "Studying in France" procedure
You have obtained an admission agreement within the framework of a partnership agreement between your establishment and AGROCAMPUS OUEST and reside in one of the countries concerned by the "Studying in France" procedure, you must open your personal space on the "Studies in France" platform and follow the online procedure in the "I am accepted" menu.
Prepare for your arrival
As soon as you receive your acceptance letter, you must start the administrative procedures to register at the Institut Agro Rennes-Angers and prepare your arrival: identity papers, health cover, insurance, bank, accommodation.
A copy of your identity papers, proof of health cover and insurance must be attached to your application form.
L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers offers French as a Foreign Language (FLE) courses to international students so that they can gradually become more comfortable in speaking and writing. These courses are paid for by the school and will allow you to obtain ECTS credits.
The International Relations Office will provide you with the information you need to apply.
When you arrive on campus, the International Relations Department will give you :
- Your student card, your school certificate and your access badge to the buildings.
- A document to be signed indicating that you have read and accepted the study regulations and the IT charter.
You will also be invited to a welcome session for international students organised by the International Relations Office.
As soon as you arrive in France, you must:
- validate your VLS-TS visa (for students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area),
- register for health insurance,
- open a bank account,
- take out a telephone subscription,
- apply for housing assistance.
During your stay
L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers has an agreement with the student health services of the University of Rennes 2 and the University of Angers, which provide a free and personalised service for students who wish to consult for any medical, gynaecological, psychological, psychiatric, dietary or social question or problem.
Emergency numbers to know:
- 112: European emergency number,
- 36 24: emergency number for a doctor to come to you if you are too ill to move.
This service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
You can practice a sport within one of the sports associations of l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.
You can also contact the University Physical and Sports Activities Service (SUAPS) of the University of Angers or Rennes. The SUAPS allows students to do sport for a modest annual fee. There are many disciplines on offer and practice is open to all, whatever your level.
Rennes and Angers are two traditional university towns in the heart of the Grand Ouest region, ranked among the most pleasant student towns in France.
Cities of art and history renowned for their cultural dynamism and economic vitality, they combine tradition and modernity for a recognised and sought-after quality of life.
Prepare for your return
Before returning to your country of origin, you will have to take several administrative steps:
- Ask the International Relations Office for a certificate of attendance to be submitted to your home university,
- Cancel your accommodation: send a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to your landlord to indicate your intention to leave your accommodation (one month's notice for furnished accommodation or three months' notice for unfurnished accommodation),
- Cancelling your telephone and Internet subscription: contact your operator to find out the deadlines and procedures for cancelling,
- Closing your bank account: contact your bank branch to find out how to close it,
- Cancel your home and civil liability insurance policies.