Network-based research in a privileged environement
As a public higher education and research centre benefiting from a first-class scientific environment, l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers conducts multidisciplinary academic and applied research on its Angers and Rennes campuses, in close partnership with leading research organisations and universities, and in cooperation with economic and institutional stakeholders.
In its willingness to further of the most fundamental aspects of research and develop key areas of applied science, l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers seeks to respond to contemporary issues in agricultural research : enhancement of global food supplies and sustainable management of resources and territories.
L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers is located at the heart of:
- Europe’s leading agricultural and food industry area
- a regional scientific cluster in life sciences which is among the broadest in France, including INRAE, ANSES, IFREMER and IRD research centres, as well as five agricultural and veterinary higher education institutions under the authority of the ministry in charge of agriculture
- a rich and varied professional environment, favourable to collaborations: businesses, technical institutions such as the French Pork and Pig Institute (IFIP) and the Livestock Breeders’ Institute (IE) in the animal sector, ARVALIS, CTIFL, ASTREDOR, ITEIPMAI, GIS PICLEG in the plant sector, competitive clusters in which AGROCAMPUS OUEST is a partner (VEGEPOLYS VALLEY, Valorial and Pôle Mer Bretagne)...
- L'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers is also a founding member, alongside INRAE, CIRAD, AgroParisTech, Montpellier SupAgro and Toulouse INP, of Agreenium, the national consortium for agriculture, food production, animal health and the environment.
- 130 research-lecturers
- 393 associate researchers in joint research units (UMR)
- 130 PhD students
- 13 research units
- 50,000 m2 of laboratories and technological facilities