We recommend students to begin their search for housing as soon as possible upon notification of admission.
International students are strongly advised to make their search for housing remotely and to book accommodation before their arrival, in order to have an address on arrival.
Angers Campus does not have any student dormitories. However, you will find below a few tips to find accomodation in Angers.
- Residences for students and young workers: they are usually managed by associations. Some residences offer half-pension. On the Belle-Beille campus: le foyer Darwin.
- Private residences for students: they usually offer furnished rooms, internet, laundry, gym etc. On the Belle-Beille campus : Kley and Cap'Etudes
- Private appartments: you can find advertisements from real estate agency or private individual. To find private apartment listings, you can visit the websites of Ouest France Immo or LeBonCoin.
- Apartment-sharing: it allows to have more space and to share the rent but also the costs of electricity, gas and internet/telephone subscription. You will find roommate ads on the sites: Immojeune, Roomlala, Lacartedescolocs, Appartager, and LeBonCoin.
- Homestay accommodation: it allows to live daily in a French family by renting a room in an apartment or a house with all the necessary comfort and equipment. Some families even offer free rent in exchange for small services (childcare, homework help, language lessons, etc.). For more information, you can visit the websites of: Cohébergement, Roomlala, and Likibu.
- Intergenerational housing: some associations are connecting students who look for an accommodation and seniors who provide a room in their home, in return for a reassuring presence. Rents are lower, sometimes free. For more information, you can consult the association's website: Colocation adulte, Ensemble 2 générations, Le temps pour toiT and Habitat humanisme.
On the campus: 3 dormitories for 270 students
International students are given priority for accommodation on our campus.
Integrating the campus dormitory means automatic inclusion of the full-board catering system.
A room reservation request is enclosed with the application form. When admission is finally confirmed, a housing certificate will be sent, to be added to the visa application file.
Rent : €270 per month, including bills (prices correct since 1st September 2017)
Documents to be provided :
- a rental insurance declaration
- a security deposit cheque equal to 1 month’s rent, when entering the room.
This cheque will be cashed and the deposit returned, after an inventory inspection, when the student is leaving.
The CROUS organisation offers rooms in student halls of residence for Rennes and Rennes 2 universities. Applications are made via the CROUS website between 15 January and 30 April and are assessed by a committee in June.
Priority is given to students receiving grants.
On Angers campus
Angers campus does not offer a catering service.
However, an option within immediate proximity of the campus is the university restaurant of the Belle-Beille campus (3 boulevard Lavoisier) :
- Open for lunch, Monday to Friday
- Price per voucher : €3.30 (2019-2020)
- Access to the restaurant requires a student card
A food shop (Victor Beaussier shopping centre, rue de la Lande) can be found within proximity of the campus.
On Rennes campus
Rennes campus offers a catering service on the campus.
Located on the ground floor of the Cité Riffault residence, the student restaurant is open from Monday morning to Friday lunchtime, except during holidays:
- from 7.30 to 8.45 am for breakfast
- from 11.45 to 13.30 pm for lunch
- from 18.30 to 20.00 pm for dinner
Access to the restaurant requires a student card.
|System||Full-board meal||Half board meal|
|Unit Price (€)||3,72||4,27|
Food shops can be found within immediate proximity of the campus (2 avenue Churchill and 95 rue de Lorient) as well as a supermarket (Centre commercial Cleunay, rue Jules Vallès).